Re: [OT] Sidux, New HP AMD/ATI dv4 Pavilion - sound, fan, ...

Check the bios of the machine, there is an option called, "fan always on".

On hp dv5 is enabled by default. The machine get cooler with this
option on, try to set it as you like.

Remember that leaving the fan on at minimum speed is better than
leaving it off and periodically spin it up at maximum speed.

Regards,
Emilio