Re: cpufreq_conservative on Lenny AMD64? [SOLVED]

On 23.04.09 20:26, s. keeling wrote:
> I'd never heard of acpi-cpufreq.  However:

> (0) [root] infidel /root_ modprobe acpi-cpufreq
> FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq (/lib/modules/2.6.26-1-686/kernel/arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko): Device or resource busy

Now I see in kernel source docs that acpi_cpufreq is only preferred over
speedstep_centrino and powernow_k8 should do the job if compiled with acpi
support (which shoule be the case of debian kernels). OK, just continue
using powernow_k8, acpi_cpufreq apparently won't work better for you.
Sorry for the disturbing ;)
Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod