Re: cpufreq_conservative on Lenny AMD64? [SOLVED]

Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be>:
>  On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 00:46 +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> >
> > This box is an HP Pavilion dv4, AMD64. [..] it's always running
> > hot.  The fan is always on.  I'd like to have this thing ramp its
> > CPU frequency back to its minimum when CPU load is close to zero.
>
>  What does cpufreq-info (package cpufrequtils) reports, especially, what
>  governor is in use

I discovered the powernow_k8 module wasn't loaded.  Now that it is,
cpufreq-set has rolled both cores back to 500 MHz using ondemand.
TZ01 is already down to 55 C.  I'll have to look into removing
cpufreqd.

Thanks for all the help, list.  Now maybe my laptop won't burn up
before I find my next gig.  :-)