Re: blackberry support (was Setting up HP Pavilion DV 6458)

Rafael Varela Pet wrote:
Hi,

El lun, 21-04-2008 a las 15:02 -0400, Carl Fink escribió:

Two, I use my RIM BlackBerry Curve as a tethered modem.  I hear
there's
support for this in Linux these days.  This one, I confess, I haven't
even
researched, but if anyone just happens to have a pointer to a HOWTO it
would
be appreciated.

As far as I know, part of the modem functionality is provided by
Desktop Manager (a Windows-only desktop application), so unless somebody
manages to port it to Linux we won't be able to use a Blackberry as a
tethered modem.

Depends on how you tether. MacOSX works fine with Bluetooth tethering to my Pearl with no special software. Thus, whatever they've done should be able to be done on Linux.

Tethering via USB is more problematic, at least that's my understanding of it anyway. For Blackberry products.

Nate