Wireless compatibility - Cardbus adapters/ USB for old Compaq Evo

Hello,
       I have an old compaq (Evo N600c) laptop running lenny. I am planning to purchase a new wireless Network  adapter so that I can access wireless N/Ws.

Could anyone give pointers on compatible PC 32-bit CardBus wireless adapters from your experience. In case you are not aware of the Cardbus adapter's compatability, it would be great if you could give information on USB wireless adapters compatibility with lenny. I would really appreciate your information which could help me from lots of trouble.

Thanks

Seshadri