Re: 2.6.18 problems with grub and ACPI

Richard Lyons wrote:
> Franklin PIAT wrote:
> > Do you still have you /var/log/dpkg.log, so I can investigate and file
> > bug where appropriate ?
>
> Ah, yes. I do.  Looking at it, maybe it wasn't the
> linux-image-2.6.18-5-686 that did it:  I had forgotton that I also
> installed a motley collection comprising:
>     linux-headers-2.6.18-5
>     linux-kbuild-2.6.18
>     loop-aes-utils
> (don't ask me why...) One of them may have done it.

I can't think of any reason grub would be removed.  And unfortunately
the logs you included didn't show any information about grub being
removed but only showed it being installed.

It would be very interesting to see the log section showing where grub
was removed.  You may need to go back into the /var/log/dpkg.log.*
rotated log files to find that information.

Bob