Re: Lenny: not able to control fan and hd spin on Toschiba laptop

Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
Florian Reitmeir ha scritto:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:

John O'Hagan ha scritto:
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
I can hear the fan spinning when there is a lot of cpu activity; but
when there is a disk activity the fan remain silent.
There is any method to control the fan or at least to force the fan to
maximum speed?
My fan works fine by itself now (Thinkpad X31), but I recall needing to use the command
echo 3 > /proc/acpi/[SOMEPATH]/fan
Please can you send the content of your fan directory?
what he described is a thinkpad feature, the "native" fan acpi interface is
mostly broken, or not supported by the bios.

Like someone suggested already, look for the toshiba tools packages in
debian.

Well, I tried the toshiba tools but this is the output I receive:
msb01:/usr/src# toshset -fan on
required kernel toshiba support not enabled.

So it seems that I have to recompile the kernel with CONFIG_ACPI and
CONFIG_ACPI_TOSHIBA flags enabled.

Anyone knows if there ere stock debial kernel with these flags enabled?

Regards
    Mirto

That's interesting. "apt-cache show toshset" says it doesn't rely on kernel support.