Re: Lenny: not able to control fan and hd spin on Toschiba laptop

Florian Reitmeir ha scritto:
> On Thu, 08 Nov 2007, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
>

>> John O'Hagan ha scritto:

>>> My fan works fine by itself now (Thinkpad X31), but I recall needing to use
>>> the command
>>> echo 3 > /proc/acpi/[SOMEPATH]/fan
>>>
>> Please can you send the content of your fan directory?
>>

> what he described is a thinkpad feature, the "native" fan acpi interface is
> mostly broken, or not supported by the bios.
>
> Like someone suggested already, look for the toshiba tools packages in
> debian.

Well, I tried the toshiba tools but this is the output I receive:
msb01:/usr/src# toshset -fan on
required kernel toshiba support not enabled.

So it seems that I have to recompile the kernel with CONFIG_ACPI and
CONFIG_ACPI_TOSHIBA flags enabled.

Anyone knows if there ere stock debial kernel with these flags enabled?

Regards
    Mirto

Mirto Silvio Busico 		ICT Consultant
Tel. +39 333 4562651