Re: Compaq Presario F572US

On 8/24/07, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:54:29 -0600
> "Robert Gomulka" <r.gom1977@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > - with ndiswrapper I have to manually modprobe ndiswrapper/ifup wlan0
>
> Put 'ndiswrapper' in /etc/modules, and an appropriate stanza
> in /etc/network/interfaces (along with the line 'auto wlan0' or
> similar).
>
> > Regards,
> > Robert
>
> Celejar
> --
Thanks for your info. I have tried it at the beginning. However with
automatic module loading my network led was on regardless of position
of mechanical switch, that's why I have choosen manual insertion.
The ideal solution would be automatic detection of hardware switch and
enabling/disabling interface appropriately.

Best regards,
Robert