Re: ipw2200 on Gateway 4522 running etch

Jörg-Volker Peetz(peetz@scai.fraunhofer.de) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
> > For the benefit of others, where did you end up putting the files?
> > My ipw firmware files are in /lib/firmware, where I think you said
> > yours were, and I am not having any problems with them.
> >
> As far as I understand the firmware files are loaded by udev hotplug and
> the directories for the firmware are defined in
> /lib/udev/hotplug.functions by the variable FIRMWARE_DIRS. E.g., I store
> the firmware files in /usr/local/lib/firmware.

Thanks for that pointer, I wasn't aware of that.  It looks like we are
all using the correct location.  ;-)

I just installed the zd1211-firmware package and it installed in
/lib/firmware/zd1211 which, by default, doesn't look right.

The USB dongle, a DLink DWL-G122 H/W Ver B1, that I am trying to get
installed, won't associate with my AP. Moving the F/W files fron the
zd1211 dir to /lib/firmware didn't change anything though.

On a laptop I see that the ipw2100-firmware did install in
/lib/firmware.  It looks like a bug report should be filed on the
zd1211-firmware package. I'll try to do that today.

Tnx again

Wayne