Re: ipw2200 on Gateway 4522 running etch

Wayne Topa wrote:
> For the benefit of others, where did you end up putting the files?
> My ipw firmware files are in /lib/firmware, where I think you said
> yours were, and I am not having any problems with them.

As far as I understand the firmware files are loaded by udev hotplug and
the directories for the firmware are defined in
/lib/udev/hotplug.functions by the variable FIRMWARE_DIRS. E.g., I store
the firmware files in /usr/local/lib/firmware.
--
Regards,
Jörg-Volker.