Re: Sony or Toshiba? (corrected)

Hello,

You should google to check that Video, Wireless and LAN chipset are well
supported. Also check Modem if it matters to you.
Hibernation always works now. But if you really need suspend, google for
it (ACPI suspend and SATA...) as it can be difficult to get is working
sometime.
If you can't find linux-compatibility information about a specific
model, search for similar model (!).

A live CD might help (at least you can lspci to help googling ;)

Hope those hints will help.

Franklin