Re: HP pavilion and ACPI fan

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 09:22:05AM +0200, Dot Deb wrote:

> 	So sorry to have completely removed any MS stuff! :)
> 	disassambling *thing drives me crazy. Is there any shortcut, just
> 	to diagnose this problem?

unfortunatly, when a notebook comes with an OS preinstalled, it's a bad
idea to remove it altogether, at least before 1st checking everything works
as expected.

Things to check are boot up logs (dmesg) and specific log traces, if any,
when acpi* modules get removed/inserted. But got a pair of nb myself which
showed nothing at all onder /proc/acpi/fan and in logs.

--
paolo