Re: HP pavilion and ACPI fan

On 4/28/07, Selim T. Erdogan <selim@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
Does it help if you unload the module "thermal" and reload it?

	As you suggested, I tried unloading/reloading the thermal module
	after resume from suspend to ram. It does not work: after resume
	fan is always working. This happens in a dual core Toshiba
	satellite.

	What happens to the dual core HP pavilion is different: fan is
	almost always working (even without susend/resume) during normal
	use.

	I tried to check for a reason and I found that the HP warms
	much more (10 degrees) than the Toshiba laptop. I guess this is
	a cooling design problem and has nothing to do with software,
	although the absence of any feature under /proc/acpi/fan sounds
	strange, I think.

	Any other idea?
	augh