Re: iceweasel flashplayer on amd 64

Hi,
Thanks for the answer,

2007/4/22, stan ioan-eugen <stan.ieugen@gmail.com>:
În data de Sb, 21-04-2007 la 15:05 +0200, Alexandre Neubert a scris:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I want to mount the flash player on my web browser (iceweasel for the
> moment) which runs on an amd64 arch. Of course, I noticed that the
> package is not available and that no binary is  exists on the
> macromedia site for 64 bit architectures.
> After a few minutes on the net, I noticed that I was not the first to
> have this problem :) but I didn't find any  tutorial either. The only
> page I got is from the french ubuntu documentation
> http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/nspluginwrapper which I tried , but while
> executing the wrapping line, I get:
>
> # nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins32/libflashplayer.so
> /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: cannot execute binary file
> nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found
> for /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins32/libflashplayer.so
>
> I don't really understand this message; all requiered packages have
> been installed successfully.
>
> Does anybody know how to get the non-free version of flashplayer
> working on iceweasel (or any other browser)? Or how to fix the error
> message I get with the ubuntu wrapping method?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Regards,
>
> Alexandre

I've managed to install flashplayer 9.0r31 for iceweasel on a fedora 6
x86_64, and works fine. You shuod write about:plugins in your adress
bar. This address will show you a page with the plugin capabilities of
your brouser.
Look for :

Shockwave Flash
        File name: libflashplayer.so
        Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31            ---- this line ----
    MIME Type
   Description
     Suffixes
     Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash
Shockwave Flash
swf
Yes
application/futuresplash
FutureSplash
Player
spl
Yes

If you see the free version uninstall it, has support only for flash 7
(gnash), also remove swfdec.

OK, I already uninstalled all free versions

There are good instructions here
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux-amd64.html.

I had a look at it. Looked pretty good but still uses nspluginwrapper which gives me this error now:
# nspluginwrapper -i libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: cannot execute binary file
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: cannot execute binary file
nspluginwrapper: libflashplayer.so is not a valid NPAPI plugin

I used the provided packages though. Don't understand. If you got an explanation or a solution ;), I'll take it.

Regards,

Alexandre

--
stan ioan-eugen <stan.ieugen@gmail.com >