Re: sl-modem-daemon and vgetty: supposed to work but how to config?

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 12:29:29AM -0400, A. F. Cano wrote:

> The modem never answers.  Anyone using sl-modem-daemon and vgetty?
> I eagerly await any hints, or better, config files.  Thanks!

Well, after some more work, problem fixed.  All those errors are not
critical.  What was essential was using the sl-modem-source driver,
instead of the alsa snd_intel8x0m which was loaded by default.  I
wasn't getting ring messages and thus vgetty was never answering the
phone.  The non-alsa driver apparently does something right and it works.

I suppose not too many people are using modems anymore, but hopefully
this will help someone.

A.