Re: microphone deosn't work

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 02:56:19PM -0300, Andre Novelli wrote:
From: Andre Novelli <andre.novelli@gmail.com>
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-laptop <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: microphone deosn't work

Gerard Robin wrote:
With kphone and twinkle I can join a correspondent and hear him, but I
can't speak to him, my microphone deosn't work.
Finally I kep twinkle.
Can someone advise me about this problem of microphone ?

you should have seen this before, but if not, here you can see a how-to for your laptop, my soundcard is the same on my gateway, and those steps worked greatfully.

http://www.burghardt.pl/wiki/articles/installing_and_using_debian_on_acer_aspire_5102wlmi

Thanks, I know this link it's a very good job, and I do not have any more
errors in dmesg about my sound card, but I did not install alsa-utils (I used rexima or gnome-alsamixer) I installed alsa-utils and using alsamixer my microphone worked fine ...
I don't understand why, but it works and twinkle is very nice.

--
Gérard