Re: hwclock

On Apr 13, 12:04 am, Seaslug <sdpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [quote]select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out[/quote]
>
> Had the same problem.
>
> Try using "hwclock --localtime --directisa"
>
> If no error returns, the "--directisa" switch was what was needed.
>
> To carry this through reboots, edit the file /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh
>
> and change the line (about line #23):
>
> HWCLOCKPARS=""
>
> to read:
>
> HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa"
>
> this will allow the system time to be saved to the hwclock on shutdown.
>
> Make sure you have
>
> UTC=no
>
> in the file /etc/default/rcS
>
> This will make sure the system properly reads and translates the hardware clock on startup.
> --
> Jai yen
>
> --

Many, many thanks !!
This is working for me too.

For info:
  This is not specific to laptop.
  I had the very same problem (always 2 hours ahead) with my home
build desktop running debian etch
     (note that the time was correct once connected to the internet
because of ntp)

  My time zone was correct and I had utc=no in /etc/default/rcS
  The motherboard is an asus P5B Deluxe wifi and the bios revision is
0804
  I was scratching in my hair since 3 days !

  HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa"  as you specified above and the problem
vanished !

Thanks again.
carex