Re: Anybody using a Dell Inspiron 8500/8600 with the ATI card?

Hi,

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Joe Emenaker wrote:

> Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> >/etc/hibernate/ram.conf
> >
> >/etc/hibernate/common.conf
> >UseDummyXServer yes
> >
> >the UseDummyXServer should provide you with an working video card/display
> >after boot.
> Sweet Mother of God!!!!!!!! It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice to hear.. :-)
please post your solution (the conf files, to this thread .. so others may
also use it)

> Seems like we've got a bunch of different cooks trying to solve the same
> problems with klaptopdaemon, kpowersave, etc. Does anybody know if
> there's any movement toward having one set of configuration files
> (mapping external events: ac-unplug, lid-closing, battery-low, etc. to
> system actions like hibernate, suspend, etc.) that all of the various
> daemons and window-managers would obey?

yes, there is.
Its called HAL (hald the daemon), and at the time its used by the
gnome-power-manager and the KDE (the newer ones).

and .. HAL generates events.. and those event files, look in your system for
the "hibernate" package.. and use it.

here the scripts .. /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/

--
Florian Reitmeir