Re: Anybody using a Dell Inspiron 8500/8600 with the ATI card?

Hi,

On Fre, 23 Feb 2007, Joe Emenaker wrote:

> Alright. I might give hibernate a chance with susp-to-ram. Is it going
> to auto-detect what it needs to do, or am I going to have to test out
> dozens of various flags?

/etc/hibernate/ram.conf

/etc/hibernate/common.conf
UseDummyXServer yes

the UseDummyXServer should provide you with an working video card/display
after boot.

on the acpi list, some people also mentioned you should confirm, that your
problem is a problem with the video card and _not_ a swichted off backlight..
you can do this by using a good/bright spotlight.

about your questions regarding video card&ram.. from your log:

--
Florian Reitmeir