Re: kernel 2.6.19 + Cisco 350 Wireless adapter needs manual config

On Saturday 13 January 2007 15:08, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> you really did a
> dpkg --purge udev
> dpkg --purge ifrename
> dpkg --purge hotplug
> ?
>
> if you did correctly and reinstalled udev everything should work normally
> and the files should not missing anymore.
>
> ok here .. in commands ..
>
> apt-get --purge remove udev ifrename hotplug
> rm -Rf /etc/udev
> apt-get install udev hald
Yes, I did. Please note ifrename was not installed and hotplug was not
installed, too, because it conflicts with udev.
So I just did aptitude purge udev and removed /etc/udev. Then I purged hal
(not hald, there is no package named "hald") and reinstalled it to
rigenerate /etc/udev/rules.d/z99_hal.rules.
I think, as a last resort, I will try to install debian kernel 2.6.18
pre-compiled.
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.