Re: kernel 2.6.19 + Cisco 350 Wireless adapter needs manual config

Hi,

On Fre, 12 Jän 2007, Mauro Darida wrote:

> On Friday 12 January 2007 18:41, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> > thats clearly a bug of UDEV. I suggest you purge
> > ifrename
> > udev
> > and delete the /etc/udev /etc/hotplug
> > (a backup is always nice)
> > and then make a fresh reinstall of udev.
> ifrename it is not installed on my system; I did what you suggested and now my
> card is not recognised at all. Tried also modprobe airo with no results.
> Noticed the following message at boot-up:
> udev_rules_init:
> /etc/udev/rules.d/z99_hal.rules: no such file or directory
>
> Any suggestion?

you really did a
dpkg --purge udev
dpkg --purge ifrename
dpkg --purge hotplug
?

if you did correctly and reinstalled udev everything should work normally
and the files should not missing anymore.

ok here .. in commands ..

apt-get --purge remove udev ifrename hotplug
rm -Rf /etc/udev
apt-get install udev hald

--
Florian Reitmeir