Re: gparted and ntfs ?

Hello Gerard,

last time I tried (about a month ago), I could not get gparted to do the job, but I'll give you another solution which you may try:  I used "ntfsresize".  What it does is change the NTFS filesystem to tell it the new size it will have.  After that, using any partition editor (I used fdisk, but surely it works with gparted as well) you must delete (yes, it sounds scary, but that's the way... ntfsresize tells it is to be done that way) the NTFS partition, and then create it but with the right size (the one you resized it to be).  I used fdisk since you can delete the partition, then create a new one, specify the size, and then tell it what type of partition it is.  It will not try to format it or anything else; just modify the partition table.

It worked like a charm.

Best regards,

Jonás.