Re: gparted and ntfs ?

Gerard,
 I just finished using Gparted v.0.3.3 which I d/l Friday from
Sourceforge.net. Yesterday I used it to resize the NTFS partition on a
Sony VAIO VGN-FJ series laptop. It worked beautifully and I was able to
shrink the WinXP partition and make myself a 50GiB partition on a 100GiB
 HD. Ubuntu Dapper will soon be installed there. After I finished up
doing the re-size job, I held my breath and re-booted and WinXP Pro came
up as usual. It did perform a Diskchk before reaching the login screen
which showed no disk errors. I will now use this program on all future
installs I do. Your mileage may vary.....

Jim