Re: Thanks, Re: Is it possible: Built-in Intel Wireless iwp2200 on Sarge 2.4 (Thinkpad R50e)

On Thursday 20 April 2006 15:06, Bakki Kudva wrote:
> A tangential question. I have done netinstalls for all of my machines
> which are running Sarge stable. I'd like to run unstable for desktop
> as you do. The question is, since there is no netinstall cd for
> unstable do you do an install from the stable netinstall and then do a
> dist-upgrade? This seems like a round about way and when I did try a
> dist-upgrade on my laptop it borked.

Best is to either:
- use an Etch _netinst_ installation CD and then dist-upgrade, or
- use an Etch _businesscard_ CD, boot that in expert mode and select
  unstable after selecting a mirror.

Both are available from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer.