Re: dell inspiron 600M + suspend to disk

Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a 2.6.13 custome compiled kernel for which the swsusp coming
> from the kernel,  ran OK (I can "acpitool -S" with it).

<snip>

> Does any one out there has his/her dell inspiron 600M with 2.6.15
> kernel and built in swsusp enabled and working?  Would removing initrd
> help anything (so far that's the only thing that comes to my mind, but
> it doesn't make much sense to me since I saw an old Toshiba satellite
> and an IBM T42 working with built in swsusp with 2.6.15 kernel on
> official debian-etch with no problem).
>
> Can any one provide any hints?
>
> Thanks,
>

> --  Javier  --

I currently use the 2.6.16 kernel, but the patch I use also worked with the
2.6.15 kernel I previously used.
I use "suspend2". It is a patch that you apply to the kernel source tree.
Contrary to previous things that I have tried, suspend2 worked right away.
More information can be found on: http://www.suspend2.net/

regards
Jan

--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g