dell inspiron 600M + suspend to disk

Hi,

I had a 2.6.13 custome compiled kernel for which the swsusp coming
from the kernel,  ran OK (I can "acpitool -S" with it).

For kernels 2.6.14 and beyond (including 2.6.15), nothing I do seems
to help me out having it to hibernate.  The debian 2.6.15 compiled
kernel that comes with etch does not do the magic either.

Does any one out there has his/her dell inspiron 600M with 2.6.15
kernel and built in swsusp enabled and working?  Would removing initrd
help anything (so far that's the only thing that comes to my mind, but
it doesn't make much sense to me since I saw an old Toshiba satellite
and an IBM T42 working with built in swsusp with 2.6.15 kernel on
official debian-etch with no problem).

Can any one provide any hints?

Thanks,

--  Javier  --