Re: Getting swsusp with stock kernel to work

amateur schrieb:
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 03:36:58PM +0200, Andr� Wendt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Swsusp is suspending the machine (to disk) alright, but it does not
>> resume -- it restarts, and later complains about something with the swap
>> space: /var/log/syslog says
>>
>> "Unable to find swap-space signature"
>>

> add 'resume=/dev/your_swap_partition' to your kernel options(in grub or lilo)

Sorry I forgot, but that option is already there! That's what I don't
get: I use Grub and I've put an option resume=/dev/hda6 (which is swap).

GNOME Power Manager also tells me that my "computer failed to suspend"
when I hit the sleep button (Fn-F4 on my machine).

What am I doing wrong that *no* suspend whatsoever puts my laptop to sleep?

Regards,
André