Re: Getting swsusp with stock kernel to work

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 03:36:58PM +0200, Andr� Wendt wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Swsusp is suspending the machine (to disk) alright, but it does not
> resume -- it restarts, and later complains about something with the swap
> space: /var/log/syslog says
>
> "Unable to find swap-space signature"

add 'resume=/dev/your_swap_partition' to your kernel options(in grub or lilo)

I'm always using the debian stock kernel since 2.6.17-1. It works just
fine. No problem at all. But recently I found that after resume from
suspend-to-ram, my hard disk always make some sound like "kaka" every
few seconds, strange!

--
It is a wise father that knows his own child.
		-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"