Re: USB hotplug device permissions

* marlin9@gmx.ch <marlin9@gmx.ch> [060817 15:02]:

> I notice installing gphoto2 doesn't permit a user to
> download images from a camera. This is Sid (unstable).
>
> 'gphoto2 -P' is able to identify the cam only as root.
> Whn issued as user, i got a log of identification negatives
> but no information about which file or kernel
> device can't be read (so i spare the log here).
>
> What do i miss ?

Did you add the user to group 'camera'?  You must log off and back on
after doing so (existing sessions do not get the new group membership).

I discovered this by looking at the owner of the device created by
plugging in the camera.

I'll file a bug report to add a README.Debian with this info.

...Marvin