Re: ieee80211 package not installable

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:22 pm, David Riggs wrote:
[...]
>  >
>  >     apt-get source ieee80211-source

[...]
> I did "apt-cache source" and it downloaded OK. Why is it not found with
> aptitude?
>
> But I cannot get module-assistant to compile it, does not know about
> (maybe because it came in via apt-get, not aptitude?). I just did a
> smooth module-assistant for the ipw2200 companion software.
>
> Any idea how to get the module-assistant to find it?

I seem to remember that ieee80211-source fell through a crack as far as
module-assistant was concerned around the time Sarge went stable; all fixed
in Etch now, of course.

In my case I fixed it by manually adding the name of the package
(ieee80211-source) to the list of packages
in /usr/share/modass/compliant.list.

Give that a try; hope it works for you,

John