Re: After upgrading kernel, usb webcam is default sound device

mandag 17 april 2006 14:21 skrev Richard Mittendorfer:
> So, my workaround would be to blacklist the camera module for the early
> hardware initialization (udev/hotplug - see /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist or
> /etc/hotplug/blacklist[.d] or something like that and put the name of
> the camera module in there) and load it later via /etc/modules or by
> hand when needed (it may also shorten batterylifetime if activated but
> unused). This will bring intels' soundcard into first place again.

Ehh huh?

/etc/modules is the first to get loaded right?

Anyway putting the other modules in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d _almost_ did the
trick. I really don't need the other two modules under normal circumstances.

The SI7012 sound card is not marked as default though, and I suspect this is
why, arts still can't seem to find it (so no jingle when KDE loads).
Kaffeine/xine works fine though, which is the main thing.

Anders

--
 - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.1 - KMail 1.9.1 -