Re: Thinkpad R52 dvd

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 02:14:35PM +0200, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I bought a ThinkPad R52 and installer Debian using new
> debian-installer, everything is working fine except:
> 1) suspend
> 2) DVD

Same here.

> I am triyng to solve the second but I was unable to let ata_piix to
> support the PATA DVD? Is there a solution other then compile my own
> kernel?

No, you need to recompile (or at least load as modules) with
CONFIG_SCSI_ATA_PIIX. See:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux

> Can somebody tell me how he/she managed to have swsuspend working?

Mine suspends (to RAM or Disk) and returns OK when in console mode.
But i can not switch to or turn on X that my machine hangs...

Guilherme Menegon Arantes            Sao Paulo, Brasil