Re: After upgrading kernel, usb webcam is default sound device

mandag 17 april 2006 13:21 skrev Richard Mittendorfer:
> Schould work with entries in /etc/modutils/sound. The (main)modules for
> devices have the parameter "index". So you would give one of them 0, 1
> and ... See modinfo <modulename> for that.

Hmm. I don't have that file. The module for the sound card is snd_intel8x0.

> Modules get loaded at bootup from tools ala udev, hotplug, discover,
> /etc/modules or, when plugged in later, by udev or hotplug.

This I understand.

> The above file "schould" do it, if not, try to put these parameters into
> /etc/modules or edit the configuration file of the utility that loads
> the modules on your machine.

Hm.. I don't really understand this. What parameters are you refering to? I
believe that udev/hotplug is responsible for loading the module.

> BTW: simply plugging in the USB device
> after bootup will likely also do it.

Can't. It's build into the laptop. It sits on top of the lcd screen.

Anders

--
 - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.1 - KMail 1.9.1 -