Re: Movie disappear from VGA out (ati driver)

Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 00:57 -0300 schrieb Felipe Augusto van de
Wiel (faw):

> 	If I plug a projector in the VGA output the screen is
> perfect, I have image in my LCD and in the project, when I open
> a video, totem shows up but in the projector just totem appears
> in black, no movie/video. I tried with other players (mplayer,
> xine) but no success.

This is not a Totem or Xine bug, it's a feature of your X driver.  I
have seen this on various chipsets, and frankly I am a little puzzled
why all driver writers implement such a useless behaviour.  In the Intel
and Radeon drivers, it is an option in xorg.conf which must be turned
off explicitly.  You might have some luck checking the documentation on
fglrx (man fglrx ?) for the closed-source ATI driver.  Maybe it has a
similar option.

--
Best Regards,  | Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian     | your ~/.signature to help me spread!