Re: Movie disappear from VGA out (ati driver)

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

Hi people,

	Those days something weird happened. (It's always something
like that, right?). About six months ago, I saw in an event, a guy
with a notebook playing a video and when he connects the VGA output
to use some external projector everything looks like ok but you can't
see the video. :-)

	At that time, I think: "wow! that's pretty strange". About
10 days ago I was giving a talk about Debian in a College and
suddenly when I open one of my videos (showing Debian booting on
a Jornada with sh processor) I discovered that my notebook started
suffering from the same problem.

..

Anybody has any idea of what could be?
I can't speak specifically for Debian as I've never tried, but I know in
windows, by default video will only render on the primary output.  There
is a setting somewhere in the graphics control panel that allows video
to render to both displays.

--
Landy J. Bible

The University of Tulsa