> David Berg wrote:
> > On 2/18/06, Richard Mittendorfer <delist@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Also sprach "David Berg" <drberg1000@gmail.com> (Sat, 18 Feb 2006
> >>14:12:02 -0600):

> >>Yeah. Various. On my toshiba I use "toshset -bl on" (there are other
> >>ways too). I can't tell which one is suitable for your chipset/box;
> >>apt-cache search, what chipset/laptop is it? Also have a look at
> >>www.linux-laptop.net and tuxmobile.org
>   This is a very good advice.

There are no reports on Uniwill or Linux Certified boxes at
linux-on-laptops.org and the reports for uniwill boxes at tuxmobile
are for systems that use a different video card.  If you know of a
site where you can search for reports by chipset instead of box
manufacturer and model I'd love to hear.  I've suggested the change to
Linux-on-Laptops and from their response it sounds like they are going
to use it.

> > Box is made by Uniwill Model 245IIO Built by Linux Certified who list
> > a model number of LC2210D.
> >
> > dberg@chip:~$ lspci | grep Display
> > 0000:00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corp. 82852/855GM Integrated
> > Graphics Device (rev 02)
> >

> POST. There's an utility called video_post to manually do this thing an the
> intel graphics cards.
>
>   Another option is the use of the vbetool, in my case, which is very similar, I

Neither video_post nor vbetool turned the backlight back on.  Intel
has a driver on their site for the card which I might have to try, but
I'm positive that LinuxCertified had a non-free deb installed for a
video driver.  I can't seem to find the name of that deb in the
/var/lib/dpkg/status file.  Is there a regex I can search for in
"status" to find debs that aren't from the ubuntu main archive?  I
can't seem to find any info in the entries that I should search on.

I'm still waiting to hear from LinuxCertified on the issue.  Hopefully
they'll respond early this week and have a solution.

--Dave