Re: backlight stays off

Also sprach "David Berg" <drberg1000@gmail.com> (Sat, 18 Feb 2006
12:37:30 -0600):
> [...]
> My current problem is the backlight.  Running `xset dpms force off`
> works just fine and the system wakes up with no problem.  The problem
> is with a lid event the backlight goes off (though the screen doesn't
> blank) and I haven't been able to get it to come back on with out
> rebooting.  This happens whether the acpi script is empty or contains
> the `xset dpms force off` command.
> [...]

First, can you switch it back on with some tool, maybe via ssh or by
blindly typing it in? 'cause I've heard of some issues with broken
(display)drivers too.

(kernel)acpi should create events to acpid which then would exec the
scripts in the /etc/acpi/action folder according to ./events.

By cat'ing /proc/acpi/buttons/lid/LID/state you can get the current
lid-state - if it is(gets) open(ed) and BL is off, issue a command to
switch BL back on.

sl ritch