Debian on Thinkpad 755C with NO cd-rom drive

Has anyone installed Debian or any kind of Linux on an IBM Thinkpad 755C (or anything similar) that only has a floppy drive, no cd-rom drive and no network connection? I've got a pc with network connection of course so I could get whatever I need on floppies. Also, the specs are not encouraging at all, it's a 486 with 20 MB of RAM. Is there any chance of getting X window system with a small wm like IceWM to work?

Regards,
Ioana