Re: USB devices dead after APM suspend on kernel 2.6.14-2-686

Hi there,

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Debian sid, kernel 2.6.14-2-686, installed on a Fujitsu
> > Lifebook E342 laptop. When it comes back from APM suspend, the USB
> > devices (a 4-port hub and a mouse) are not brought up, and lsusb
> > (or any access to /proc/bus/usb) hangs. This doesn't happen with a
> > 2.6.8-2-686 kernel which I also have installed. If my memory serves
> > me right, this problem started with 2.6.14 kernels.
> >
> > Could anybody give me a hand on how to properly configure APM/USB
> > so that suspend works as expected on a 2.6.14-2-686 kernel ? I've
> > googled a lot around this theme but confess my inability and
> > ignorance to resolve the problem.
> >
> > I'm unsure of what info would be important to analyze this problem.
> > Please tell me if something else is necessary.
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> > Paulo

It has been said often, at least i read it often, that usb is not
suspend safe. The way to go probably would be to get everything that
remotely is linked to usb removed from your kernel (as modules) before
suspend and get it loaded back as soon as you've finished resuming.

Hope that helpes

Martin

--
Martin Hauser <mh@alla.franken.de>
GPG-Encrypted mail preferred, KEY: 0D459A72