Re: USB devices dead after APM suspend on kernel 2.6.14-2-686

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:24:23 -0200
Paulo M C Aragão <yagpaulo-listas@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Debian sid, kernel 2.6.14-2-686, installed on a Fujitsu Lifebook E342
> laptop. When it comes back from APM suspend, the USB devices (a 4-port hub and
> a mouse) are not brought up, and lsusb (or any access to /proc/bus/usb) hangs.
> This doesn't happen with a 2.6.8-2-686 kernel which I also have installed. If
> my memory serves me right, this problem started with 2.6.14 kernels.
>
> Could anybody give me a hand on how to properly configure APM/USB so that
> suspend works as expected on a 2.6.14-2-686 kernel ? I've googled a lot around
> this theme but confess my inability and ignorance to resolve the problem.
>
> I'm unsure of what info would be important to analyze this problem. Please tell
> me if something else is necessary.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Paulo

Hi Paulo,

In most hibernate-scripts I've seen, a list of modules can be specified, which  are loaded again after recovery. Such script is also handy to specify other things, such as immediately locking of the screen (e.g. 'xscreensaver-command -lock'), and unmounting network drives.

I use acpi with kernel 12.6.13.4 and have no such problem (suspend to memory and disk).

Regards,

Rob de Graaf