Re: suspend problems

Thanks for all the suggestions, it took me a while before I found time to try
them.

I appended the kernel option, installed hibernate package and tried to boot
the system without any daemons and modules. The screen came up, but it was
full of messages like this (hope I got them right, I couldn't copy them and
had to write them down):

hda: task_in_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hda: task_in_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown

(plus a few other messages about EXT3 fs errors, but probably IDE errors where
responsible for them)

Does anybody know what to do about it?

--
Igor Wawrzyniak