Re: Netgear wg511, 2.6/Sarge - weird?

Rusty Carruth a écrit :
> I got a lot of helpful replies from folks, I'll use the last one as the
> pulpit from
> which I'll speak ;-)
>
> Thanks to all for their help, here's what I've found:
>

> Jordan Smith wrote:
>
>> I was running this card on Sarge when it was still Testing.  Did you
>> install the wireless-tools package?
>>

> Yep.
>
>> If so, do an iwconfig and see if the card is detected with wireless
>> extensions.
>>
>> If you see wireless extensions in the output, try an "iwlist
>> eth1(interface) scan" to see if it picks up the AP
>>
>> If the card is up and the module loaded then the green light should be
>> on.  When the interface is routing traffic, the yellow light will be
>> flashing.
>> Also, you might try a lsmod to see if the prism54 and the Yenta modules
>> are loaded before you scan.
>>
> # iwconfig
> lo        no wireless extensions.
>
> eth0      no wireless extensions.
>
> eth1      NOT READY!  ESSID:off/any
>          Mode:Managed  Channel:6  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
>          Tx-Power=31 dBm   Sensitivity=0/200
>          Retry min limit:0   RTS thr=0 B   Fragment thr=0 B
>          Encryption key:off
>          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0
>          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
>
> eth2      no wireless extensions.
>
> sit0      no wireless extensions.
>
> doclap:~# lsmod|egrep prism
> prism54                54812  0
> firmware_class         10176  1 prism54

It can be a hotplug problem. Do you have the firmware located in
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware directory ?

What is written in the logs ?

 kernel: Loaded prism54 driver, version 1.2
 kernel: eth0: resetting device...
 kernel: eth0: uploading firmware...
 kernel: eth0: firmware version: 1.0.4.3
 kernel: eth0: firmware upload complete