Re: Wireless network card

Jaromir Moskvan:
> the Netgear WG511 is definitely supported

Unfortunately this isn't true anymore. Netgear decided to switch away
from the well-supported prism54 chipset to something else without
changing the model name or even the PCI-ID (which makes the Linux kernel
think it is prism54 althoug it isn't).

The WG511 cards with a prism54 chipset have "Made in Taiwan" on their
labels, the other ones have "Made in China". At least as far as I know.
So until you are very sure you get an old WG511, you should refrain from
buying them.

If I won the lottery I would keep all the money and wallpaper my house
with it.
[Agree]   [Disagree]