Re: bringing up eth0 for wireless card

Hmmm...  I'm tempted to try HostAP with my D-Link DWL-650 vP1 on the
basis of a note in this list from last Dec

The main obstruction I see ahead of time is that my Inspiron 3200 only
has PCI support 2.1.  Now Andrew Barr
(http://home.columbus.rr.com/andrewbarr/linux/dwl520e1.html) documents
using the D-Link DWL-650 vP1 and says that PCI 2.2 is required, that
without it the card won't even show up on lspci.  And it's true, mine
doesn't.  But this card *does* show up under "cardctl ident".

Should I move on to another card or laptop?  Or do I have a chance with
HostAP with this hardware?

Oh, I do have wireless tools installed--but I can't use that unless I
get an interface to the card to configure first, right?

Thanks.

Mark