Re: home WPA-secured network -- as simple as possible

Matej Cepl <ceplm@seznam.cz> writes:

> I have decided that I would like to switch home network (just our two
> notebooks) to wireless and I would like to make it WPA-secured. Can anybody
> suggest the most simple WPA configuration using wpasupplicant, please?

network={
	ssid="myssid"
	psk="really secure"
}

Use WPA-PSK, aka WPA-Personal, and set your widget to broadcast the
SSID.  Bingo, as simple and secure as possible.

Set wpa_supplicant to start at boot, tell it to use your wireless
interface, and to wait until it is available, and it should just
work(tm).

        Daniel