Re: experience with Radeon Mobility 9700

* Marco Calviani <mirtux@studenti.fisica.unifi.it> [2005-08-03 11:13]:
> >Earlier i've tried to get my Radeon Mobility 9700 to work and failed.
> >But i'm planing to give it another try. I'm still
> >not sure that the 9700 is prober suported for Xfree86 4.3. According to
> >the front page
> >on this site it's not:
> >http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html
> >But the driver claims that it suports the 9700:
> >http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-supported.txt
> >And this guy:
> >http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/debian/fglrx-archive/msg00164.html
> >So what to choose..?! Have anyone a prober installation with
> >multi-monitor and tv-out on Xfree?
> >
> Hi Lars,
>   i'm currently using Flavio's source packages with a Mobility Radeon
> 9700. It works flawlessly and without any problems, both with XFree and
> X.org.
> I think you can try them and never mind about supported cards... :-)

The radeon cards suck under linux, still with the proprietary drivers.
you will never be able to play the games you could with the
card under windows.
regards nico
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org
VIM has two modes - the one in which it beeps
and the one in which it doesn't -- encrypted mail preferred