Re: experience with Radeon Mobility 9700

Lars wrote:

Earlier i've tried to get my Radeon Mobility 9700 to work and failed.
But i'm planing to give it another try. I'm still
not sure that the 9700 is prober suported for Xfree86 4.3. According to
the front page
on this site it's not:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html
But the driver claims that it suports the 9700:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-supported.txt
And this guy:
http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/debian/fglrx-archive/msg00164.html

So what to choose..?! Have anyone a prober installation with
multi-monitor and tv-out on Xfree?

Hi Lars,
i'm currently using Flavio's source packages with a Mobility Radeon 9700. It works flawlessly and without any problems, both with XFree and X.org.

I think you can try them and never mind about supported cards... :-)

MC