Re: WPA on Intel Wireless 2200BG

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Tue, 02 Aug 2005, Ivan Glushkov wrote:

I resently got a Wireless DSL Modem (Sinus 1054 DSL). I am now trying to
make my notebook

As long as it is an Intel 2200BG, it *will* work perfectly as long as you:
It works already..

1. Use wpa-supplicant (newest one, maybe from sid)
2. Use the *very latest* version of the kernel drivers and firmware
I use kernel 2.6.12.2, ieee80211-1.0.3, ipw2200-fw-2.3, ipw2200-1.0.6
3. Configure wpa-supplicant correctly, which is your current problem (sorry,
   I don't know the correct config either or I'd be attaching it to this
   message).
Well, my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf is:
network={
        ssid="MyNet"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        pairwise=CCMP TKIP
        group=CCMP TKIP
        psk="my_pass"
}

I work, but I wouldn't say perfectly. I do not know why when I try to download some file, and I monitor the flow with wmnet, I see that the flow is interupted every 10 sec. Simutaniously wpa_supplicant outputs messages (which I cannot reproduse in the moment, since I am at work, and that's all about my home WLAN, I can submit them later if needed), basically saying that the connection is renewed. Two questions:

1. Is it normal the connection to be interupted/renewed every 10 seconds? How do I get in this case 54Mbit/s?
2. For the moment I must modprobe
eee80211_crypt,
ieee80211,
ieee80211_crypt_wep,
ieee80211_crypt_ccmp,
ieee80211_crypt_tkip
ipw2200
modules manually (if I modprobe only ipw2200 not all of them are automatically loaded). And at the end I have to start
wpa_supplicant -i eth1 -D ipw

and watch all this output... I can ifcourse redirect that to some .log file, but that would not be the right thing to do, right? How do I have to make this right: Everything loaded/started at bootup and giving proper log messages on a suatable place?

	Thanks in advance,
	Ivan