Re[2]: speedstep-centrino [M] not loading (Dothan)

Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 3:49:44 PM, Joan wrote:

JT> | That goes for 2.6.8, but support has been added for Dothan as well.
JT> ... sure?  I cannot see any line specifying mhz & volts related to a dothan
JT> processor in vanilla 2.6.11 nor 2.6.12 sources, and speedstep-centrino module
JT> showed the same error you get when trying to load in my 1,6Ghz Dothan...  8-?

JT> Try that patch and make me know (mine shows 400 mhz -explained at bottom of
JT> the JB7000 page-)  ;)

The patch does indeed include voltage settings, something which all
kernel sources i've checked (2.6.11.9 and 2.6.12.1) don't have.
The patch on the page you mentioned includes other changes that have
already been (partially) integrated into 2.6.12.1, so I tried the
patch at http://localhost.ruhr.de/~stefan/acerTM292/patches/cpufreq-speedstep-dothan-3.patch
(thanks to marco for the url) instead, since that only adds the
voltage tables for the dothan cpu's.

And it works! :)

JT> Believe /sys.  Anyway you'll have to notice it gets colder than before...
Fortunately, gkrellm's cpuspeed plugin seems to work properly and it's
indeed showing lower frequencies now that it's running.

Now, who do I need to ask to include this patch in the next kernel
revision? :)

--
Best regards,
 H Buurman